Invest in Impact: Donate to MLRI
“MLRI is one of the few remaining organizations that effectively uses advocacy to promote social and economic justice for low-income individuals and families. Not only do they champion legal reforms that empower and serve the poorest and most vulnerable members of our communities, they also advance practical and progressive initiatives that address the root causes of poverty. The Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Massachusetts is proud to support such an effective, well-respected and critically important organization.”
--Philip W. Johnston, Board of Directors, Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Massachusetts
As a non-profit legal services organization, the Massachusetts Law Reform Institute relies on the philanthropic support of individuals, foundations, law firms and corporations to sustain its work. We ask for your generous support.
HOW TO DONATE:
- Donate Online: Use our secure web form to donate with a credit card payment.
- Donate by Mail: To make a donation by check, please use our contribution form.
- Gifts of Stock: You can contribute an appreciated security that you have owned for at least one year to MLRI. You will receive a charitable tax deduction for its full market value and avoid capital gains tax on the increase in its value since you purchased it.
For more information about giving to MLRI: Please contact Executive Director Georgia D. Katsoulomitis, 617-357-0700 x314, GKatsoulomitis@mlri.org or Director of Development Tamar Lewis, TLewis@mlri.org.
MLRI Establishes Ernest “Tony” Winsor Fund for Justice
A Lasting Tribute to a Visionary Public Interest Lawyer & Champion of Justice
Ernest “Tony” Winsor was hired as an attorney at the Massachusetts Law Reform Institute on November 4, 1970. He passed away peacefully on November 4, 2013. Over the course of his 39 years at MLRI, he left an indelible imprint on the legal and social justice communities. Tony’s intrepid and brilliant advocacy impacted countless people. In addition, Tony both inspired and mentored hundreds of legal services lawyers and public interest advocates who carry on the anti-poverty and social justice work so important to him.
To honor and continue Tony’s legacy and lifetime of work on behalf of low-income, vulnerable and disadvantaged people and communities, and to recognize his unwavering commitment to social justice, MLRI has established a fund in his name.
Donations and multi-year pledges to the Ernest “Tony” Winsor Fund for Justice will be used to support MLRI advocacy initiatives that further its mission to advance economic, racial and social justice for low-income and underserved individuals, families and communities, including:
- to further MLRI’s efforts to reform barriers to justice that deny low-income people opportunities to make a better life for themselves and their families;
- to promote MLRI initiatives that improve the delivery of civil legal aid and the administration of justice to those most in need;
- to support MLRI in developing innovative projects that address structural racism and intergenerational poverty;
- to support endeavors that address economic and societal inequalities resulting from race, gender, disability, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual preference and/or socioeconomic class;
- to support MLRI’s activities that mentor and train the future generation of public interest lawyers and advocates who will carry on the legacy of Tony Winsor.
Income and principal of this Fund will be used to support the projects, activities and work in furtherance of this mission.
For information about MLRI’s Ernest “Tony” Winsor Fund for Justice, download the brochure. To make a donation or pledge, or to serve on the Winsor Fund Committee please contact MLRI’s Executive Director, Georgia Katsoulomitis, , 617-357-0700 x314.